I received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) in 1998 from the University of Porto. Presently, I am Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP) where I teach courses in the areas of electric circuits, fundamental electronics, power electronics, electric drives, and renewable energies, within the Master in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I’m also involved in teaching a course in the Doctoral Program in ECE at FEUP.
My main scientific research interests are: power electronics systems; renewable energy systems namely wind and solar; energy storage.
My research activity is developed within the Research Centre for Systems and Technologies (SYSTEC). I am a senior member of IEEE.
Teaching in 2023/24
· Power Control Systems, (Master in ECE)
· Design of Power Converters, (Master in ECE)
· Electric Circuits I, (Bachelor in ECE)
· Energy Conversion, (Bachelor in ECE)
· Electronics for Power Systems and Transportation, (Master in ECE)
· MSc Dissertation, (Master in ECE)
Research and Development
Research is performed in the SYSTEC research unit – Research Centre for Systems and Technologies. The researched areas are:
· Analysis, synthesis, control and supervision of power electronics converters and systems
· Wind and solar energy and grid connection of renewable energy sources, including storage
· Electrical energy conditioning in railway systems
· Intelligent systems for monitoring, diagnostics and supervision
SYSTEC - Research Centre for Systems and Technologies
Page maintained by António Pina Martins. Last update in 31-8-2023.