PROCEDURE FOR SUSPECTED CASES
SUSPECTED CASE – DEFINITION
Person in the FEUP community (student, teacher or technician) who develops symptoms of cough (persistent or worsening of habitual cough), and/or fever (temperature equal to or greater than 38.0ºC), and/or breathing difficulty.
PROCEDURE IN THE EVENT OF A SUSPECTED CASE IN FEUP’S FACILITIES
The suspected case, if it is in FEUP, must:
- go to the isolation room – room A044, which can be accessed from the left side of the auditorium, on the ground floor, under the ramp;
- if necessary (eg mobility difficulties), can request the help of a first aider – contacts: https://sigarra.up.pt/feup/en/WEB_BASE.GERA_PAGINA?P_pagina=21499;
- put on a mask (available in the room) if the clinical condition allows it;
- inform the person responsible at FEUP, by calling 912233377;
- contact the SNS24 Line (808 24 24 24) or, if it is not possible to establish a connection, the U.Porto Occupational Health Service (between 9 am and 5 pm) by calling 220426643;
- if validated as a suspicious case, should go to the place indicated by the SNS24 Line for the laboratory diagnostic test. If it is not possible or for own convenience, can request the person responsible at FEUP to contact the U.Porto Task Force for COVID-19 for possible referral for the diagnostic test at the Centro Hospitalar Universitário do Porto; afterwards, should return home (if possible not using public transport) and start isolation, with work/school eviction justified by the family doctor;
- if it is not validated as a suspicious case, should go home and contact the family doctor/assistant.
MANAGEMENT OF SUSPECTED CASE OUTSIDE FEUP’S FACILITIES
A suspected case occurring outside the FEUP premises, after contacting the SNS24 Line (808 24 24 24) and being validated for testing, must contact and inform the person responsible at FEUP by calling 912233377 or email@example.com and keep the responsible up to date on the test result.