Date: Friday, 28th.June 2019 | 15h30-16h30
Location: FEUPs Auditorium
|| DOWNLOAD THE PHOTOS HERE ||
This session will be presented by António Augusto de Sousa (Member of FEUPs Executive Board, FEUPs Vice-President for Pedagogical Affairs; DCE19 General Organizing Committee)
Each Symposia has chosen to award prizes to its authors.
All winners will receive a certificate and a prize. The prizewinners will be ad aeternum placed in this webpage, after the Congress.
PRIZES AWARDED (23)
Symposium on Biomedical Engineering
• Best Oral communication (best oral presentation) to Eva Carvalho, Marco Araújo, Cristina Barrias and Ana Pêgo. Towards the development of biologically relevant platforms to study glial cell mechanotransduction: an alginate-based approach #27
Symposium on Chemical and Biological Engineering
• Best poster presentation Award to (in ex aequo) Rafael Morais, Natalia Rey-Raap, Miguel Granja, José Luís Figueiredo and M. Fernando Pereira. Non-noble metal biomass-derived carbons for oxygen reduction reaction. #245 and Daniel Salvaterra, Fernando Pagels, Helena Amaro, Isabel Sousa-Pinto and A. Catarina Guedes. Cyanobium sp. – Optimization of biomass production. #19
• Best oral communication Award to Luís Moreira, Sara Pereira, Nuno Guimarães, Rita S. Santos, Joana Loureiro, Maria Do Carmo Pereira and Nuno F. Azevedo. Liposome-encapsulated Nucleic Acid Mimics
(LipoNAMs): a potential novel diagnostic and therapeutic tool. #234
Symposium on Civil Engineering and Spatial Planning
• Best oral communication Award to André Furtado, Hugo Rodrigues, Antonio Arede and Humberto Varum Seismic vulnerability assessment and retrofitting strategies for infilled RC frame buildings #96
Symposium on Eletrical and Computing Engineering
• Best poster presentation Award – Enio Vasconcelos Filho, Carlos Humberto Llanos Quintero and Guilherme Caribé de Carvalho. Development of the trajectory planner and control system of a spherical robot manipulator embedded in a FPGA board. #1
• Best oral communication Award (in ex aequo) – Harrison Kurunathan, Ricardo Severino, Anis Koubaa, Eduardo Tovar. Routing Aware DSME Networks. #299 and Francisco Fonseca and Matthew E. P. Davies. Musical Cross-Synthesis using Matrix Factorisation. #115
Symposium on Engineering Physics
• Best poster presentation Award (in ex aequo) – João M. Serra, Sara Sequeira, Ismael Domingos, Ana Oliveira, Ermelinda Maçôas, Susana Cardoso, Helena Alves and Diana Leitão. Micropatterning Organic Single Crystals for Photonic Sensor Applications #348 and Sandra Rodrigues, Joana Paiva, Paulo Marques, João Cunha and Pedro Jorge. Trapping nanometer sized particles with optical fiber tweezers – a computational study #318
• Best oral communication Award – Margarida Maia. Thermoelectric Materials for new innovative devices: from nanoparticles to composites #313
Symposium in Informatics Engineering
• Best paper Award to TBD
Symposium on Materials Science and Engineering
• Best poster presentation Award to Mariana Gomes, Rui Vilarinho, Rui Pinho, Abílio Almeida, Paula Vilarinho and Joaquim Agostinho Moreira: Piezoelectric Response of K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Designed by Sintering Engineering. # 325
• Best oral communication Award to Íris Carneiro, Filomena Viana, Manuel F. Vieira, José V. Fernandes and Sónia Simões: Understanding the strengthening effect of carbon nanotubes in nickel matrix nanocomposites. #66
• Best short paper Award to Clarissa Melo, Aníbal Guedes, Carlos Tavares, Fatih Toptan and Sónia Simões: Diffusion brazing Ti6Al4V to Ti-B4C composite using different Ti-based fillers. #65
Symposium on Mechanical Engineering
• Best poster presentation Award – Daniel Cruz, Miguel Trindade, Abel D. Santos, Joaquim Mendes, Rui L. Amaral and Sara S. Miranda. Development of a miniature testing for sheet metal mechanical characterization. #114
• Best oral communication Award to Daniel Rodrigues, Jorge Belinha, Lúcia Dinis and Renato Natal Jorge. A modified Hill yield criterion combined with meshless methods formulation for the elasto-plastic analysis of FFF printed thermoplastics. #77
Symposium in Mining and Geo-Resources Engineering
• Best student oral communication to Rui Sousa, Aurora Futuro, António Fiúza and Mário Machado Leite. Design of a Lepidolite flotation pilot plant based on lab scale tests (#47).
• Best student poster presentation – Catarina Mendes, Rui Sousa, Diogo Martins and Aurora Futuro, Reprocessing the tailings from the Cabeço do Pião Dam – recovery of copper and zinc by differential flotation (#67).
Symposium on Occupational Health and Safety
• Best Poster (best poster presentation) – Solange dos Santos, J. Duarte, André Lucena and J. C. Guedes. Ergonomic analysis of cleaning professionals: pilot study. #242.
• Best Oral communication (best oral presentation) – J. Duarte, Mário Vaz, José Torres Costa and J. Santos Baptista. Occupational exposure to dust in the mining industry context – a short review. #177.
Symposium on Sustainable Energy Systems
• Best oral communication Award – Micael Simões, Gil Sampaio, André Madureira and Ricardo Bessa, “Monitoring and predictive control of LV networks”. #97
1st “DCE Photo Contest Award” to Carolina Garreto with this picture