The symposium on “Engineering Physics” will be held in the scope of the 4th Doctoral Congress Engineering (DCE21) which will be hosted at FEUP, Porto, Portugal on the 28th and 29th of June 2021 (online).
The Doctoral Symposium on Engineering Physics stems from the Doctoral Programme in Engineering Physics, a joint programme of FCUP and FEUP.
The Symposium is open to communications (oral and poster) by Master and PhD students on any topic of Physics Engineering/Applied and Technical Physics. Communications addressing published patents are welcome.
Topics for submission will focus on:
- Advanced materials,
- Photonics and Optoelectronics,
- Energy storage and harvest physics,
- Applied biophysics,
- Advanced Instrumentation:
- Structural, mechanical, optical and thermodynamic properties of advanced materials;
- Micro and nanoelectromechanical systems;
- Semiconductors, dielectrics, ferroelectrics, multiferroics;
- Superconductivity and superconducting electronics;
- Thermometry, thermal diffusivity and acoustics sensors;
- Magnetics and spintronics;
- Energy storage and harvest devices;
- Thermal management systems;
- Laser technology;
- Optics, microscopy, imaging and spectroscopy;
- Organic electronics and photonics;
- Particle detection, detectors, sources, optics and acceleration;
- Photon detection, detectors and sources;
- Electronics, electromagnetic technology;
- Microelectronics and microfluidics;
- Nuclear engineering;
- Nuclear magnetic resonance;
- Nuclear physics, fusion and plasmas;
- Medical physics and bio-inspired systems
- Advanced metrology and scientific instruments;
- Computational physics and quantum computing;
- Geophysics and environmental physics;
- Physics teaching technologies;
- Interdisciplinary physics and any other physics engineering area.
Please check the ‘INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS’ menu
submission extension: 15/05/2021
Abstracts up to 1 A4 page will be automatically considered for poster.
Short papers (maximum length of 3 A4 pages) will be reviewed and, based on the marks of the reviewers, will be assigned either for oral or poster presentation.
Registration is mandatory for all participants.
At least one author of each accepted and revised abstract must be registered in the event, with a paid fee, for the abstracts’ reference to appear in the Booklet and in the Book of Abstracts.
Please check the ‘Registrations‘ webpage and follow the guidelines.
Presentation (oral communication and/or poster)
At least one of the authors is required to attend the Symposium to present the abstract.
|| CHECK THE PROGRAM HERE ||
All accepted and revised abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be mentioned in the event’s program/Booklet that will be given to congress participants on the 1st day.
All accepted and revised abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be published in the Special Issue on the U.Porto Journal of Engineering as well as in the Symposium Book of Abstracts.
|| DOWNLOAD THE BOOK OF ABSTRACTS HERE ||
Authors of accepted and revised abstracts, presented at the Congress, will be eligible for:
- Best poster presentation
- Best oral communication
Please check the ‘Awards’ webpage.
- Joana Cacilda Rodrigues Espain Oliveira (FEUP)
- André Miguel Trindade Pereira (FCUP)
- Joana Silva
- Adriano da Silva Carvalho (FEUP)
- Ana Pires (FCUP)
- André Pereira (FCUP)
- António José dos Santos Silva (FEUP)
- Bernardo Almeida (UM)
- Carla Carmelo Rosa (FCUP)
- Diana Cristina Pinto Leitão (INESC MN)
- Inês Carvalho (FEUP)
- Isabel Catarino (FCT UNL)
- Isabel Lopes (LIP)
- Maria Helena Sousa Soares de Oliveira Braga (FEUP)
- Mário Pimenta (LIP)
- João Amaral (CICECO / UA)
- João Filipe Horta Belo da Silva (FCUP)
- João Pedro Araújo (FCUP)
- João Ventura (FCUP)
- Joaquim Agostinho Gomes Moreira (FCUP)
- José Luís Campos de Oliveira Santos (FCUP)
- José Manuel N. V. Rebordão (FCUL)
- Paulo Jorge Valente Garcia (FEUP)
- Paulo Vicente da Silva Marques (FCUP)
- Pedro Jorge (FCUP)
- Senentxu Lanceros-Mendez (UM)
- Susana Cardoso Freitas (INESC MN)