The symposium of “Mechanical Engineering” will be held in the scope of the 4th Doctoral Congress Engineering (DCE21) which will be hosted at FEUP, Porto, Portugal on the 28th and 29th of June 2021 (online).
Symposium organizers are pleased to invite you to share ongoing work or results of PhD or Master Thesis.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Adhesive Joints
- Automation and Control
- Computational Mechanics
- Dynamic Analysis
- Energy Systems
- Experimental Mechanics
- Friction and Tribology
- Industrial Design
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanics of Composite Materials
||| DEADLINE EXTENSION 30th April ||
Accepts abstracts/papers for oral communication/poster
Please check the ‘Instructions for authors’ page
All abstracts must be submitted in English. Material presented in the Symposium and included in the book of abstracts should be novel and must respect copyrights.
Registration is mandatory for all participants.
At least one author of each accepted and revised abstract must be registered in the event, with a paid fee, for the abstracts’ reference to appear in the Booklet, in the Book of Abstracts and in the Proceedings.
All PRODEM students (participants and/or authors of submitted abstracts), MIEM students (authors) and Computational Mechanics students (authors) who wish to register in DCE21’s Symposium in Mechanical Engineering, will have their registration costs covered (after registration, please wait for the confirmation email).
All others (students, researchers and professors) – from FEUP or outside – that wish to register in the Symposium on Mechanical Engineering may have their registrations sponsored, upon request (please contact the Symposium Chairs).
- “Mechanics of high-performance discontinuous-composite materials and structures” by Dr. Soraia Pimenta, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London (UK)
- “Solar-Biomass Hybrid Systems” by Dr. João Soares, Researcher at the Associate Laboratory of Energy, Transports and Aeronautics, INEGI (Portugal)
- “Elucidating the Impact of Processing Parameters of Additive Manufactured Materials Using Multiple Length Scales” by Dr. Marc Zupan, Associate Professor at UMBC – University of Maryland Baltimore County (USA)
- Oral communications
|| DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMME HERE ||
Presentation (oral communication/poster)
At least one of the authors is required to attend the symposium to present the abstract.
The submission author should indicate if oral or online poster presentation is preferred, but please note that the Scientific Committee takes the final decision.
All accepted and revised abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be mentioned in the event’s program/booklet.
All accepted and revised abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be published in the Symposium Book of Abstracts (with ISBN).
Authors of accepted abstracts, presented at the Congress, will be eligible for the best oral communication award.
- Armando Coelho de Oliveira | FEUP
- Pedro Ribeiro | FEUP
Symposium Organizing Committee
- João Amorim | PhD student in Mechanical Eng, FEUP
- Bruno Areias | PhD student in Mechanical Eng, FEUP
- Abel Dias dos Santos | FEUP
- Armando Carlos Figueiredo Coelho de Oliveira | FEUP
- Fernando Gomes de Almeida | FEUP
- João Manuel Ribeiro da Silva Tavares | FEUP
- Joaquim Gabriel Magalhães Mendes | FEUP
- Jorge Humberto Oliveira Seabra | FEUP
- José Fernando Dias Rodrigues | FEUP
- José Manuel de Almeida César de Sá | FEUP
- Lucas Filipe Martins da Silva | FEUP
- Marcelo Francisco de Sousa Ferreira de Moura | FEUP
- Mário Augusto Pires Vaz | FEUP
- Renato Manuel Natal Jorge | FEUP