The Symposium on “Occupational Safety and Health” will be held in the scope of the 4th Doctoral Congress Engineering (DCE21) from the 28th to 29th June, 2021 (online).
The Symposium Committee is pleased to invite you to share your ongoing work.
Topics for submission will focus on (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Occupational Health
- Occupational Safety and Hygiene
- Occupational Psychosociology
|| Deadline for submission has been extended to 2nd May ||
Authors can submit Portuguese or English written manuscripts.
The short paper will have to obey the following specific guidelines defined by the Symposium on “Occupational Safety and Health”:
Please remove any identifying information, such as authors’ names or affiliations, from your manuscript before submission.
The text should be sent without any formatting or tabs, with 2 points spaces.
The Abstract should have between 300-450 words and should be structured with the titles: Introduction, Methodology, Results and Discussion, Conclusions.
Keywords should appear right after the Abstract (minimum three and maximum of five terms).
The article body should have the following structure: Introduction, Methodology, Results and Discussion, Conclusions, References.
The article must have between 1500-2000 words* (approximately 10500-12000 characters including spaces**).
The manuscript should have between 20-40 References, formatted according to APA 7th edition referencing style.
All figures and tables should be integrated along with the text. The combination of both should be a maximum of three.
* This excludes Title, Abstract, Keywords and References.
** Please note that this count of characters does not include images, tables and references.
In case you are a student enrolled in MESHO or DemSSO and your short paper is revised and accepted, your work will have 1 registration paid (to the author who presents the oral communication or poster).
For more information about enrolment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To proceed with registration, please check the ‘Registrations‘ webpage and follow the guidelines.
Format: poster presentation or oral communication.
Manuscripts written in Portuguese will be presented in poster format.
At least one of the authors is required to attend the Symposium to present the paper.
|| DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMME HERE ||
All accepted and revised works, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be mentioned in the event’s program/Booklet that will be given to congress participants on the 1st day.
All accepted and revised abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be published in the Symposium Book of Abstracts (with ISBN).
|| DOWNLOAD THE BoA HERE ||
All accepted and revised short papers, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be published in a Proceedings Book (with ISBN).
The Symposium Scientific Committee will decide upon the best submitted short papers, and authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their manuscripts on the International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Safety (IJOOES).
Authors of accepted and revised papers, presented at the Congress, will be eligible for:
- “Best oral communication Award”
- “Best poster Award”
Please check the ‘Awards’ page.
- Olívia Pinho
- João Santos Baptista
Symposium Organizing Committe
- Olívia Pinho
- João Santos Baptista
- Raquel Martins
- Jacqueline Castelo Branco
- Denisse Bustos
- Felicidade Niquice
- Joana Duarte
- Maria Fernandes
- Soraya Vasconcelos
- Tatiana Teixeira
Symposium Scientific Committee
- Ana Raposo – University of Porto, Portugal
- Andrea Pereira – University of Porto, Portugal
- André Lucena – Federal Rural University of the Semi-Arid Region, Brazil
- António Sousa – University of Algarve, Portugal
- Denisse Bustos – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Fernando Gonçalves – Federal Institute of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Hélio Cavalcanti – Federal University of Piauí, Brazil
- Jacqueline Castelo Branco – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Joana Duarte – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Joana Guedes – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Joana Madureira – University of Porto, Institute of Public Health, Portugal
- Joana Santos – Polytechnic Institute of Porto, School of Health, Portugal
- João Rufo – University of Porto, Institute of Public Health, Portugal
- João Santos Baptista – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Liliana Silva – University of Porto, Portugal
- Maria Luísa Matos – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Marko Cvetkovic – University of Porto, Portugal
- Maurilia Bastos – Federal Institute of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Olívia Pinho – University of Porto, Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Portugal
- Raquel Martins – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Susana Sousa – Institute of Science and Innovation in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Portugal
- Susel Rosário – University of Porto, Portugal
- Teerayut Sa-Ngiamsak – Burapha University, Faculty of Public Health, Thailand
- Tomi Zlatar – Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Vanessa Silva – University of Porto, Portugal