We are delighted to announce the call for abstract submissions for the upcoming symposium on Engineering and Public Policy, held in the scope of the 5th Doctoral Congress in Engineering (DCE23), which will be hosted at FEUP, Porto, Portugal on the 15th and 16th of June 2023.
This interdisciplinary conference aims to bring together engineers, policymakers, researchers, and practitioners to discuss the latest advances in engineering and public policy. We invite you to submit abstracts for the Engineering and Public Policy stream, which will focus on the intersection of these two critical fields.
Possible topics for submission
Submissions may address a wide range of topics related to engineering and public policy, including but not limited to:
- Sustainable infrastructure development and policy
- Renewable energy technologies and policy frameworks
- Transportation systems and urban planning
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Internet governance and digital infrastructure policy
- Data privacy and security in the era of smart cities
- Public health and engineering solutions in the post-pandemic world
- Disaster risk reduction and management
- Engineering ethics, regulations, and societal implications
- Science, technology, and innovation policies
- Inclusive engineering and gender policies
- Engineering education and public policy
- Policies for the diffusion and adoption of technological innovations
- Technology-based business model innovation
|| Extended Deadline: 7th May ||
Format: oral or poster communications.
The abstract should follow the template (with a maximum of 3 pages), according to the Instructions for authors under the Submission page. The submission must be done throughout CMT platform (https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/DCE2023).
For more information, please click HERE.
Registration is mandatory for all participants.
The Doctoral Program in Engineering and Public Policy (PDEPP) will support the registration costs of any student of the PDEPP from FEUP.
The abstracts will appear in the Book of Abstracts only if at least one author of each accepted abstract is registered in the event. A monetary prize will be awarded to the best work submitted by the Symposium Organizing Committee.
To register, please click HERE.
At least one of the authors should attend the symposium to present the abstract in an oral/poster communication. The author should indicate whether an oral or poster presentation is preferred (on the submission platform), although the Scientific Committee has the final decision.
All accepted abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee awarded by the Symposium Organizing Committee, will be included in the event’s program and in the Symposium Book of Abstracts.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be encouraged to submit a full manuscript (to be published as research or review article) to a special issue of the U. Porto Journal of Engineering (https://journalengineering.fe.up.pt).
Authors of accepted and revised abstracts, presented at the Congress, will be eligible for the best oral and poster communication award.
Symposium Organizing and Scientific Committee
- João Claro (FEUP)
- Mário Amorim Lopes (FEUP)
- José Coelho Rodrigues (FEUP)
- Bruno Henrique Santos (PDEPP, PhD candidate)
CONTACT: [email protected]