The symposium on “Occupational Safety and Health” will be held in the scope of the 5th Doctoral Congress Engineering (DCE23), which will be hosted at FEUP, Porto, Portugal, on the 15th and 16th of June 2023.
The Symposium Committee is pleased to invite you to share your ongoing work or results of PhD thesis or Master dissertation.
Topics for submission will focus on (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Occupational Health
- Occupational Safety and Hygiene
- Occupational Psychosociology
|| Deadline for submission has been extended to 9th April ||
Accepts abstracts for oral communication or poster presentation.
All abstracts must be submitted in English. Material presented in the Symposium and included in the book of abstracts should be novel and must respect copyrights.
The Abstract should have between 300-400 words (maximum 2 pages)
For this Symposium, please use the following template.
In case you are a student enrolled in DemSSO and your abstract is revised and accepted, your work will have 1 registration paid (to the author who presents the oral communication or poster).
Format: poster presentation or oral communication.
At least one of the authors is required to attend the Symposium to present the paper.
|| Download the program here ||
All accepted and revised works, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be mentioned in the event’s program/Booklet that will be given to congress participants on the 1st day.
All accepted and revised abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be published in the Symposium Book of Abstracts (with ISBN).
The Symposium Scientific Committee will decide upon the best-submitted abstract, and authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their manuscripts to the International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Safety (IJOOES).
|| Download the Book of Abstracts here ||
Authors of accepted and revised papers, presented at the Congress, will be eligible for:
- “Best oral communication Award”
- “Best poster Award”
Please check the ‘Awards’ page.
- Olívia Pinho
- João Santos Baptista
Symposium Organizing Committe
- Benjamin Appiah (Ghana)
- Felicidade Niquice (Mozambique)
- Hossein Charkhand (Iran)
- Kresna Febriyanto (Indonesia)
- Maria Fernandes (Portugal)
- Raquel Martins (Portugal)
- Tatiana Teixeira (Portugal)
Symposium Scientific Committee
- António Sousa – University of Algarve, Institute of Engineering, Portugal
- Felicidade Niquice – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Jaqueline Castelo Branco – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Joana Duarte – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Joana Guedes – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Joana Santos – Polytechnic Institute of Porto, School of Health, Portugal
- João Rufo – University of Porto, Institute of Public Health, Portugal
- João Santos Baptista – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Liliana Silva – ESALD/IPCB and UCIBIO, Portugal
- Marko Cvetkovic – Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Maurilia Bastos – Federal Institute of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Olívia Pinho – University of Porto, Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Portugal
- Raquel Martins – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Susana Sousa – Institute of Science and Innovation in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Portugal
- Susel Rosário – Consultant, Portugal
- Tatiana Teixeira – University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- Teerayut Sa-Ngiamsak – Burapha University, Faculty of Public Health, Thailand
- Tomi Zlatar – Atlantic Technological University, Ireland
- Vanessa Silva – Portuguese Catholic University, Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Health, Portugal
- Vítor Silva – São João University Hospital Centre, Portugal
CONTACT: [email protected]