BUILDING BRIDGES ACROSS DISCIPLINES AND INSTITUTIONS
The Symposium on Spatial Planning is part of the 5th Doctoral Congress Engineering (DCE23) held on the 15th and 16th of June 2023 at the Faculty of Engineering University of Porto (FEUP), Portugal.
This Symposium is the responsibility of the Doctoral Program in Spatial Planning, which are pleased to invite its PhD students, as well as all the MSc students assigned to the Department of Civil Engineering, to participate. Likewise, submissions from other doctoral and master programs, institutions and entities within the scope of the Symposium are welcome, as this is an opportunity to build bridges across disciplines and institutions advancing research on spatial planning.
The two days consist of several panel sessions in which PhD and master’s students can present and discuss their research abstracts or posters, establishing informal networks and initiating future collaborative research.
The Symposium of Spatial Planning is also an opportunity to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the creation of the specialization in Territorial Planning (1972-2022) in the Civil Engineering Department of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, on which renowned invited keynote lectures will be presented.
Instruction for authors:
- Submission deadline
31st March-> 23th April
- Submissions written in English;
- Authors may submit more than one proposal, clearly differentiated between them;
- Use these templates: Template paper | Template poster
- Electronic submissions only, through the conference submission CMT platform;
- The submission and review process will take place in the CMT platform;
- Authors may be notified to complete and provide corrections regarding their submissions;
- On the keywords the authors must include one of the following topics: urban planning and morphology; community justice; territorial cohesion; heritage and urban identity; environmental sustainability; climate transition; transport planning and mobility
Extended Abstracts category:
- Open to all PhD students and above;
- Submission of extended abstracts up to 1500 words (images/tables and citations excluded), until March 31th
- Authors notified of abstract acceptance until May 12th;
- Oral communication (max 10min) at the Symposium, June 15th or 16th;
- Extended abstracts will be published in the Book of Proceedings of the Symposium (with ISBN and DOI). Selected extended abstracts can be invited to published a full paper in a special issue in UP Journal of Engineering (with ISBN and DOI);
- Oral communications are eligible for the Prize of Best Oral Communication the DCE23 Symposium on Spatial Planning.
- Open to all MSc students and above;
- Submission of abstracts up to 150 words, until March 31th
- Authors notified of poster acceptance until May 12th;
- Submission of posters, not exceeding one A1 page – further information on the template will provided;
- Posters will be displayed at the Symposium, June 15-16th.
- Poster abstracts will be published in the Book of Proceedings of the Symposium (with ISBN and DOI);
- The best poster will receive an official Recognition of Best Poster of the DCE23 Symposium of Spatial Planning.
All PDPT students, non-teaching internal research fellows and M.EC/MPPU students with submissions will have their registration fee paid. The students from the following universities and programs will be selected and the ones approved will also have their registration fee paid:
- University of Porto (UP) – Faculty of Architecture (Msc/PhD); Faculty of Sciences (Landscape Architecture Msc/PhD); Faculty of Arts (Geography/Sociology Msc/PhD)
- University of Aveiro (UA) – Regional and Urban Planning Msc; Public Policies PhD
- University of Minho (UM) – School of Arquitechture, Arts and Design Msc/PhD; Institute of Social Sciences (Geography Msc/PhD)
- University of Lisbon (UL) – School of Architecture (Arquitecture Msc/PhD, Urbanism PhD); Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) – Architecture (Msc/PhD); Civil Engineering (Msc in Spatial Planning); Climate Change and Sustainable Development Policies (PhD); Engineering and Public Policy (PhD); Territorial Management and Urban Studies (Msc); Territorial Planning Engineering (PhD)
Presentation (oral communication/poster)
At least one of the authors is required to attend the Symposium to present the abstract.
Presentations will be held in english.
Check more info in the ‘Parallel Symposia’ webpgage
All accepted and revised abstracts, with at least one author registered in the Congress with a paid fee, will be published in the Symposium Book of Proceedings (with ISBN).
Authors of accepted and revised abstracts will be selected to submit their manuscripts (full paper with revisions completed) to a special issue in UP Journal of Engineering.
- Fernando Brandão Alves (FEUP)
- Álvaro Costa (FEUP)
- Anabela Ribeiro (FCTUC)
- António Pais Antunes (FCTUC)
- Cecília Silva (FEUP)
- Fernando Brandão Alves (FEUP)
- Isabel Breda Vázquez (FEUP)
- Paulo Pinho (FEUP)
- Paulo Conceição (FEUP)
- Sara Cruz (FEUP)
- Sílvia Ávila de Sousa (FEUP)
- Vítor Oliveira (FEUP)
- Ana Rita Sousa (FEUP)
- Carla Gonçalves (FEUP)
- João Corgo (FEUP)
- João Pedro Martins (FEUP)
- Mariana Diniz (FEUP)
CONTACT: [email protected]