The Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering Symposium is organized by PhD students of the Chemical Engineering Department at FEUP. The PhD students are from two different doctoral programs, Doctoral Program in Chemical and Biological Engineering and Doctoral Program in Environmental Engineering with the support of the associated laboratory LSRE/LCM and the research laboratories LEPABE and CEFT.
This Symposium aims to provide knowledge sharing between FEUP and other national and international participants, encouraging them to present their ongoing research and promote networking between the participants.
Scheduled Programme: Oral and Poster Session
Location : B032
The duration of oral presentations is 15 minutes including 5 minutes for possible discussions and questions.
In the beginning of the corresponded session, authors should bring their presentations (pdf or power point format) in a USB pen, copy to the computer available in the room session and check them.
The detailed session schedule (will be uploaded soon) contains the main information about the oral presentations from the Symposium on Chemical, Biological and Environment Engineering.
The poster session will be held in the corridor B – next to the coffee break area. The placards will have a tag, with a number, indicating the location of each poster presentation.
Authors should bring their posters printed, the maximum poster size allowed is A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm). The Symposium Organization will provide push pins to attach the posters.
Authors are expected to be present at their poster during the poster sessions.
In the detailed session schedule (will be uploaded soon) is all information about the poster presentations from the Symposium on Chemical, Biological and Environment Engineering. Accepted posters can be checked here: https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~dce17/programme/poster-session/
Topics of interest
PhD students, MSc students and other young researchers who already completed or who are considering undertaking PhD research, are welcome to present their research in this Symposium based on the following topics of interest:
- Biological Engineering;
- Chemical Engineering;
- Environmental Engineering;
- Chemicals and Materials;
- Multi-scale Modeling and Simulation.
Click here to know more about the abstract submission instructions
Click here to download the Book of Abstracts
All student submissions to the Symposium of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering will be automatically included in contest for the following prizes:
Abstract submission guidelines
- Authors should submit abstracts, written in english (máx. 2 pages).
Please format your submissions according to this template
- Authors may submit more than one abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the EasyChair platform by the given deadline 3 March 2017.
Only electronic submissions through the conference submission web page will be accepted.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the Symposium, who will consider its formal aspects and the content.
They will be assigned either for oral or poster presentation.
All abstracts submitted until deadline submission date will appear in the printed Proceedings Book.
Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts (full paper with revisions completed) to the open journal U. Porto Journal of Engineering for publication in a special issue.
Registration is mandatory for all participants.
Click here for information regarding the registration process.
FEUP students who belong to the Doctoral Program in Chemical and Biological Engineering (PDEQB) or the Doctoral Program in Environmental Engineering (PDEA) must contact Prof. Alexandra Pinto – PDEQB (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Cidália Botelho – PDEA (email@example.com) before proceed with registration.
- Prof. Alexandra Pinto
- PhD candidate Daniel Direito
- PhD candidate Helder Xavier Nunes
- PhD candidate Joana Vilas Boas
- PhD candidate Marta Oliveira Barbosa
- PhD candidate Sara Ramos
- Prof. Alexandra Pinto | FEUP
- Prof. Arminda Alves | FEUP
- Prof. Carmen Rangel | LNEG
- Prof. Cidália Botelho | FEUP
- Prof. Fernando Pereira | FEUP
- Prof. Filomena Barreiro | IPB
- Prof. Francisco Malcata | FEUP
- Prof. José Teixeira | UMinho
- Prof. Manuel Alves | FEUP
- Prof. Manuel Simões | FEUP
- Prof. Miguel Madeira | FEUP
- PhD candidate Daniel Direito | FEUP
- PhD candidate Helder Xavier Nunes | FEUP
- PhD candidate Joana Vilas Boas | FEUP
- PhD candidate Marta Oliveira Barbosa | FEUP
- PhD candidate Sara Ramos | FEUP