Call for abstracts
The Doctoral Programme in Electrical and Computer Engineering (PDEEC) is offered at FEUP by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (DEEC). The programme has close relations with INESC-Porto, ISR-Porto and INEB. Joint programmes also exist between DEEC and MIT, Carnegie-Mellow University and the University of Texas at Austin.
As it happened before, in this 2nd Edition of the Doctoral Congress on Engineering, which will take place at FEUP on 8th and 9th of June 2017, there will be a Symposium on Electrical and Computer Engineering. Since the Programme is multi-disciplinary and gathers several engineering areas, PDEEC invites all students and researchers to submit an abstract within the following areas:
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Power Systems
- Systems and Control
- Communications and Networks
- Signal Processing
- Image Recognition
- Machine Learning
- Operations Research
- Artificial Intelligence
- Real-Time Systems
- Other Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Before all, please check – in the webpage of the Symposium you intend to submit to (check your Symposium webpage in the SYMPOSIA menu) – information regarding the areas of submission/priority topics.
- Authors should submit abstracts, written in English (2 pages only). Please format your submissions according to this template.
- Authors may submit more than one abstract
- Only electronic submissions through the conference submission web page will be accepted
- Submissions will be reviewed and, based on the combined marks of the reviewers, they will be assigned either for oral or poster presentation
- The submission and review process is made trough Easychair platform. Please see the guidelines for authors.
Chance of publication
Download the Book of Abstracts here: BoAECE
Authors of selected papers presented in the oral sessions will be invited to submit an extend version to the U.Porto Journal in Engineering. A selection committee will recommend the papers to be selected.
Only original and unpublished research is accepted for submission.
This symposium will count with the participation of two invited speakers. Speakers to be announced soon.
All oral presentations will be given in a single track at FEUP, room I105
The duration of oral presentations is 20 minutes including 5 minutes for discussions, comments, questions and answers.
The rooms for the parallel sessions (Symposia) are equipped with a computer and a projection system. Slides should be prepared in the aspect ratio of 4:3. Authors have to bring their presentations in a USB pen. Authors who bring the presentations in their laptops must go to the reception – at least 30 min before the beginning of the session – and request support.
Session I (Thursday, 8th of June, 09h30-11h00) | Moderated by Aníbal Matos
- Konstantinos Kotsalos, Nuno Silva and Helder Leite. Advanced functionalities for the future Smart Secondary Substation; #169
- Nuno Fulgêncio, Carlos Moreira and Bernardo Silva. Integration of Variable Speed Pumped Hydro Storage in Automatic Generation Control Systems; #206
Session II (Thursday, 8th of June, 11h30-13h00) | Moderated by Manuel Ricardo
- Alexandra Nunes, Ana Rita Gaspar, Andry Pinto and Aníbal Matos. Comparative analysis of visual odometry implementations; #99
- Ana Rita Gaspar, Alexandra Nunes, Andry Pinto and Aníbal Matos. Comparative analysis of visual SLAM implementation; #101
- Hélder Fontes, Manuel Ricardo and Rui Campos. Towards Offline Real-World Network Experimentation using ns-3; #83
- João Correia, Cândido Duarte and José Carlos Pedro. Power Amplifier Modeling using Neural Networks for Predistortion; #175 PRESENTATION AWARDED
Session III (Friday, 9th of June, 09h00-10h30) | Moderated by José Silva Matos
- Vasco Correia, Cândido Duarte and Filipe Neves Dos Santos. Development of Baseband Processor for Enhanced Data Rate Communication in TV White Spaces; #38
- João Paulo Caetano Pereira, Gilberto Bernardes and Rui Penha. Musically-Informed Adaptive Audio Reverberation; #156 PRESENTATION AWARDED
- Miguel Rocha E Silva, Matthew Davies and Rui Penha. Interactive Manipulation of Musical Melody in Audio Recordings; #177
Session IV (Friday, 9th of June, 11h00-12h30) | Moderated by Aníbal Matos
- Tiago Soares Da Costa and Maria Teresa Andrade. Interactive Content Selection Applied to Multimedia Applications; #66
- Alexandre Pinheiro, Ademar Aguiar, Claudia Cappelli and Cristiano Maciel. Towards a collaborative system to check the reliability of information shared on social media applications;#174
- Francisco Estêvão and Tomás Tavares. Side-channel attacks on browser TLS; #189
- Pedro Fonseca and Leonel Soares. Side Channel Attacks in 802.11; #190
The poster session will be held in held in the corridor of B-building . Presenters are expected to be present at their poster during a period to be announced.
Authors should bring their posters printed. We will provide push pins to attach the poster to the placards. The maximum size a poster panel: 84,1 cm width × 118,9 cm height. Texts and figures should be large enough to be read clearly at a distance of approximately 2 meters.
A poster presenter must deliver a 1 minute snapshot presentation before the poster session. Prepare a one-page slide in pptx format with 4:3 aspect ratio. Embed all fonts and movies. Each slide will be switched automatically to the next one when the time passes. The one slide pptx file should be sent to the poster chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Accepted posters can be checked here: https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~dce17/programme/poster-session/
Workshops & Alumni Sessions
The present symposium will also include workshops and alumni sessions to be announced soon in the general congress webpage of DCE17.
There will be social activity between 18h to 20h in the 1st day. Details will be announced soon in the general program of DCE17.
• Aníbal Castilho Coimbra de Matos | FEUP(Chair)
• José Alfredo Ribeiro da Silva Matos | FEUP
• Vítor Filipe Alves Morais | FEUP
• Vítor Hugo Machado Oliveira Pinto | FEUP
• Aníbal Castilho Coimbra de Matos | FEUP (Chair)
• José Alfredo Ribeiro da Silva Matos | FEUP
• Aurélio Joaquim de Castro Campilho | FEUP
• Manuel Alberto Pereira Ricardo | FEUP
• José Nuno Moura Marques Fidalgo | FEUP
• António Paulo Gomes Mendes Moreira | FEUP
• Paulo José Cerqueira Gomes da Costa | FEUP
• Vítor Manuel Grade Tavares | FEUP
• Henrique Manuel de Castro Faria Salgado | FEUP
• João Paulo Tomé Saraiva | FEUP
• Helder Filipe Duarte Leite | FEUP
• Ricardo Santos Morla | FEUP
• Armando Jorge Miranda de Sousa | FEUP
• Aníbal João de Sousa Ferreira | FEUP
• Eurico Manuel Elias de Morais Carrapatoso | FEUP
• Maria Teresa Magalhães da Silva Pinto de Andrade | FEUP
• Ana Cristina Costa Aguiar | FEUP
• José Carlos dos Santos Alves | FEUP
• Rui Lopes Campos | FEUP
• Paula Viana | FEUP
• Cláudia Rocha de Abreu | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Jorge Miguel Santos Pinto | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Hugo Miguel Guedes Pereira dos Santos | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Agostinho Manuel Afonso da Rocha | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Américo José Rodrigues Pereira | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Guilherme Moreira Aresta | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Teresa Manuel Sá Finisterra Araújo | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Rui Filipe de Pinho Gomes | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Vítor Filipe Alves Morais | FEUP (Junior Member)
• Vítor Hugo Machado Oliveira Pinto | FEUP (Junior Member)