Workshop on Deep Underground Engineering and Data Mining
September 28, 2019
FEUP - DEC - G180
We would like to invite you participate for a Workshop on “Deep Underground Engineering and Data Mining” to be held at
the University of Porto, School of Civil Engineering, on September 28, after 14.00h, at Civil Engineering Department.
The Workshop refers to applications of Data Mining (DM) and Uncertainty Modeling (UM) techniques to deep underground
engineering. In order to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date information, we offer the possibility to discuss recent
developments in a number of the corresponding areas of research and applications. The topics include, but are not limited to:
- DM concepts and techniques, with a focus on the underground data
- UM concepts and techniques, including Bayesian Networks
- DM/UM approaches to monitoring active faults
- Decision support systems for coal mines processes
- Deformability and strength prediction in large underground hydroelectric systems
- Prediction of methane concentration, endogenous fire and seismic events
- Rockburst laboratory tests and development of rockburst indexes
- Predicting rockburst based on an in situ database
- Development of new geomechanical constitutive models
This event is intended to be a high-quality and single-track event focusing on the promotion, dissemination and exchange of
knowledge and ideas through discussions.
No registration fees are considered.
Prof. Luis Ribeiro e Sousa, Tongji University, China
Prof. Dominik Ślęzak, University of Warsaw, Poland
Prof. Tiago Filipe Miranda, University of Minho, Portugal
Workshop Boletim for download in PDF here.
Workshop Programme for download in PDF here.