We are pleased to announce the 2nd Meeting on Digital Media Research Methods (DiMe 2014) that will be held in Porto, Portugal, on December 05th, 2014. The DiMe 2014 meeting aims to create a forum for discussion and sharing, among Digital Media PhD students on Research Methods topics.
The main theme of the meeting will be Digital Media Research Methods: challenges and new opportunities.
New (digital) media have come to dominate social interaction and everyday life. Where the first decade of the 21st century was still centered on web sites, the second decade seems to be all about social interactions, social networking and its importance in everyday life practices. However, this development raises interesting questions concerning research strategies.
Several research methodology topics will be addressed at DiMe 2014, including:
- Theoretical studies
- Empirical studies: Documental studies
- Empirical studies // Non-documental studies: Experimental and quasi-experimental studies.
- Empirical studies // Non-documental studies: Non experimental studies.
Authors should also define their data treatment methods according to the following streams:
- Quantitative methods
- Qualitative methods
- Mixed methods
Important dates (updated!):
- Deadline for proposal submission (abstracts < 2000 characters): November 09th, 2014
- Meeting: December 05th 2014
If you do research activities in fields related to DiMe 2014, we would like to invite you to submit your presentation and share your knowledge.
Looking forward to seeing you in Porto, December 05th at FEUP.
The DiMe 2014 Organizing Committee,
- Program - Luciano Moreira, Inês Rodolfo
- Communication - Diogo Santos, Marcela Canavarro, Patricia Nogueira
- Logistics - Ivo Teixeira
- Technical Assistance - Marisa Silva
- Communication Design - Rui Leitão