Peer-reviewed International Journals
1. F. Lobo Pereira, Geraldo N. Silva, “Necessary Conditions of Optimality for Infinite Horizon Constrained Dynamic Control Systems”, submitted to IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, July 2014.
2. D.Yu. Karamzin, V.A. Oliveira, F. Lobo Pereira, G.N. Silva, “On Some Extension of Optimal Control Theory”, submitted to European Journal of Control, 2014.
3. T. Grilo, F. Lobo Pereira, S. Gama, “On the optimal control of flow driven dynamic systems”, submitted to Mathematics of Planet Earth, CIM Mathematical Sciences, CIM-MS, Springer, 2014.
4. D.Yu. Karamzin, V.A. Oliveira, F. Lobo Pereira, G.N. Silva, “On the Properness of the Extension of Dynamic Optimization Problems to Allow Impulsive Controls”, accepted for publication in ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations, 2014.
5. Aram Arutyunov, D.Yu. Karamzin, F. Lobo Pereira, G.N. Silva, “Investigations of regularity conditions in optimal control problems with geometric mixed constraints”, accepted for publication in Optimization, 2014.
6. A.V. Arutyunov, D.Yu. Karamzin, F.L. Pereira, Impulsive Control Problems with State Constraints: R.V. Gamkrelidze Approach to the Necessary Optimality Conditions, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, accepted for publication in 2014
7. A.V. Aram Arutyunov, V. A. de Oliveira, F. Lobo Pereira, E. Zhukovskiy, S. Zhukovskyi, on the solvability of implicit differential inclusions, Applicable Analysis: An International Journal, March 2014, DOI:10.1080/00036811.2014.891732
8. F. Lobo Pereira, F. A. Fontes, M. Margarida Ferreira, M. Rosário Pinho, V. Oliveira, E.Costa, Geraldo N. Silva, An Optimal Control Framework for Resources Management in Agriculture, Conference Papers in Mathematics, Vol. 2013, Article ID 769598, 15 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/769598
9. T. Grilo, F. Lobo Pereira, S. Gama, “Optimal Control of Particle Advection in Couette and Poiseuille Flows”, J. Conference Papers in Mathematics, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, vol. 2013
10. Cheein, F.A.A. and Pereira, F.M.L. and Di Sciascio, F. and Carelli, R., "Autonomous Simultaneous Localization and Mapping driven by Monte Carlo uncertainty maps-based navigation", Knowledge Engineering Review vol 28, 2013, pp. 35-57.
11. Arutyunov, A. V.; Karamzin, D. Yu.; Pereira, F. Pontryagin's Maximum Principle for Constrained Impulsive Control Problems, Nonlinear Analysis-Theory, Methods & Applications Vol: 75 No: 3 Pp: 1045-1057 DOI: 10.1016/j.na.2011.04.047 Feb 2012.
12. Sérgio Loureiro Fraga, Fernando Lobo Pereira, Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman Equation and Feedback Synthesis for Impulsive Control, IEEE Trans on Automatic CONTROL, Vol. 57 (1), Jan 2012.
13. Arutyunov, A.V., Karamzin, D. YU., Lobo Pereira, F., “The maximum principle for optimal control problems with state constraints by R.V. Gamkrelidze: Revisited", Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 149, 2011, pp. 474-493.
14. A.V. Arutyunov, D.Yu. Karamzin, F.L. Pereira, "A Generalization of the Impulsive Control Concept: Controlling System Jumps", Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, Series A, Volume 29, Number 2, Feb 2011, pp. 403-415.
15. Arutyunov, A.V., Karamzin, D. Yu., Lobo Pereira, F., R.V. Gamkrelidze’s Maximum Principle for Optimal Control Problems with Bounded Phase Coordinates and Its Relation to Other Optimality Conditions”, Doklady Mathematics, 2011, Vol. 436, No. 6, pp. 738–742.
16. A.V. Arutyunov, D.Yu. Karamzin, F.L. Pereira, "On Constrained Impulsive Control Problems: Controlling System Jumps", Journal of Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 165, No. 06, 2010, pp. 654-688.
17. A.V. Arutyunov, D.Yu. Karamzin, F.L. Pereira, "Pontryagin's Maximum Principle for Optimal Impulsive Control Problems", Doklady Mathematics, 2010, Vol. 81, N 3, pp. 418-421.
18. A.V. Arutyunov, D.Yu. Karamzin, F.L. Pereira, "Maximum principle in problems with mixed constraints under weak assumptions of regularity", Journal of Optimization, Vol. 59, No. 7, October 2010, pp. 1067-1083.
19. F. A Auat Cheein, N. Lopez, C. M Soria, F. A di Sciascio, F. Lobo Pereira, R. Carelli, "SLAM algorithm applied to robotics assistance for navigation in unknown environments", Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, Vol. 7 Nº 1, 10, Feb 2010, 16 pages, http://www.jneuroengrehab.com/content/pdf/1743-0003-7-10.pdf
20. A. V. Arutyunov, D. Y. Karamzin and F. Lobo Pereira, “Necessary Optimality Conditions for Problems with Equality and Inequality Constraints: Abnormal Case”, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 2009, Vol 140, No 3, pp. 391-408.
21. Arutyunov, A; Karamzin, D. Yu; Lobo Pereira, F, "On impulsive control problems with constraints, controlling system jumps", Contemporary Mathematics and its Applications Vol. 65, 2009, pp. 48-81.
22. J. B. de Sousa, B. Maciel and F. L. Pereira, “Sensor Systems on Networked Vehicles “, Networks and Heterogeneous Media, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2009, pp.223-248.
23. A. Arutyunov, D. Karamzin, F. Lobo Pereira, On the Theory of Maximum Principle for Optimal Control Problems with Mixed Constraints under weak assumptions of regularity, Applied and Theoretical Problems of Nonlinear Analysis, CCAS Edition, 2008.
24. F. Lobo Pereira, G. Silva, "Invariance for Impulsive Control Systems", J. Automation and Remote Control, Vol 69, No 5, May, 2008, pp.788-800/ Avtomat. i Telemekh., 2008, Issue 5, Pages 57–71.
25. Ramos PA, Neves MV, Pereira FL, Mapping and initial dilution estimation of an ocean outfall plume by using an autonomous underwater vehicle, Continental Shelf Research, Vol. 27, Nº. 5, 2007, pp. 583-593.
26. Arutyunov A., F. Lobo Pereira, Second-order necessary optimality conditions for problemswithout a priori normality assumptions, Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 31, nº 1, February 2006, pp 1-12.
27. Borges de Sousa, J., F. Lobo Pereira, A set-valued framework for coordinated motion control of networked vehicles, Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International, MAIK Nauka/ Interperiodica distributed exclusively by Springer Science, vol. 45, nº 5, 2006, pp. 824-830.
28. Lobo Pereira, F., G. Silva, Optimality Conditions for Asymptotically Stable Control Processes, Int. J. of Tomography & Statistics, 6 (2), 2006, pp. 127-132.
29. Baturin, V., E. Goncharova, F. Lobo Pereira, J. Sousa, Measure-controlled dynamic systems: Polyhedral approximation of their reachable set boundary, Autom. & Remote Control, 69 (3), 2006, pp. 350-360.
30. A. Arutyunov, F. Lobo Pereira, “Necessary Extremum Conditions without Making a priori Normality Assumptions”, Russian Doklady Mathematics, V. 402, N 6, pp. 727-731, 2005 (em russo), e V. 71, N 3, pp. 442-446, 2005 (em inglês).
31. A. Arutyunov, D. Karamzin, F. Lobo Pereira, “A Nondegenerate Maximum Principle for the Impulsive Control Problem with State Constraints”, SIAM Journal of Control and Optimization, vol. 43, No. 5, pp. 1812–1843, 2005.
32. A. Arutyunov, V. Dykhta, F. Lobo Pereira, “Necessary conditions for impulsive nonlinear optimalcontrol problems without a priori normality asumptions”. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Volume 124, Number 1, January 2005, pp 55–77.
33. F. Lobo Pereira, G. Nunes Silva, “Lyapounov Stability of Measure Driven Differential Inclusions”, Journal of Differential Equations, Vol. 40, Number 8, August 2004, pp. 1122 – 1130 (em inglês) traduzido de Differentsialenia Uravnenia, Vol. 40, nº 8, 2004, pp. 1059-1067 (em russo).
34. F. Lobo Pereira, J. Borges de Sousa, “Coordinated Control of Networked Vehicles: An Autonomous Underwater System”, Automation and Remote Control, Volume 65, Number 7, Julho 2004, pp. 1037 - 1045 (em inglês), traduzido de Automatika i Telemekhanika nº 7, 2004, pp. 3-11 (em russo).
35. J. Borges de Sousa, F. Lobo Pereira, P. F. Souto, L. Madureira, E. Pereira da Silva, “Distributed sensor and vehicle networked systems for environmental applications”, in Biologi Italiani n. 8, pp 57-60, September 2003.
36. A. Arutyunov, V. Jacimovic, F. Lobo Pereira, “Second order necessary conditions of optimality for impulsive control problems”, International Journal of Dynamic Control Systems, nº 1, vol. 9, 2003, pp. 131-153.
37. F. Lobo Pereira, G. Nunes Silva, “Stability for impulsive control systems”, Dynamical Systems, an International Journal, vol. 17, nº 4, December 2002, pp. 421-434.
38. F. Lobo Pereira, “Control Design for Autonomous Vehicles: A Dynamic Optimization Perspective”, European Journal of Control, vol. 7, 2001, pp. 178-202.
39. F. Lobo Pereira, Geraldo Nunes Silva, "Necessary Conditions of Optimality for Vector-Valued Impulsive Control Problems", Systems and Control Letters, Elsevier, 40, 2000, pp. 205-215.
40. F. Lobo Pereira, “A Maximum Principle for Impulsive Control Problems with State Constraints”, International Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 19, n. 2, 2000, pp. 137-155.
41. F. Lobo Pereira, J. Borges de Sousa, "On the receding horizon hierarchical optimal control of manufacturing systems", J. of Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 8, 1997, pp. 425-433.
42. F. Lobo Pereira, C. Pedreira, J. Borges de Sousa, "A New Optimization Based Approach to Experimental Combination Chemotheraphy", Frontiers of Medical and Biological Engineering, vol. 6, No. 4, 1995, pp. 257-268.
43. R. B. Vinter, F. Lobo Pereira, "A Maximum Principle for Optimal Processes with Discontinuous Trajectories", SIAM J. Control and Optimization, 26, no 1, 1988, pp. 205-229.
44. F. Lobo Pereira e R. B. Vinter, "Necessary Conditions for Optimal Control Problems with Discontinuous Trajectories", J. Economic Dynamics and Control, 10, North-Holland, 1986, pp. 115-118.