ISDAC 2017 was the first of a new series of symposia following the nine previous editions of the International Symposium on Cable Dynamics organized by Jean-Louis Lilien and the Association of Engineers of Montefiore (AIM), in Liège (1995), Tokyo (1997), Trondheim (1999), Montréal (2001), Santa Margherita Ligure (2003), Charleston (2005), Vienna (2007) and Paris (2009), and following the Symposium on the Dynamics and Aerodynamics of Cables, organized by Christos Georgakis in Copenhagen (SDAC 2014).
Meeting in SDAC 2014, some of the members of the vibrant community working in this area expressed the wish to maintain the organization of discussion forums and dissemination of research in the still numerous related open topics.
- Cable vibrations, Sources and Response Assessment: Aeolian, Rain-wind induced, Icing, Galloping; Buffeting, Parametric, etc;
- Ice and Snow Accumulation and Release Problems;;
- Fatigue Analysis and Diagnosis;
- Numerical Modelling and Simulations;
- Vibration control and Performance;
- Design Performance Criteria
- Wind tunnel, Full scale and Laboratory Testing;
- Monitoring and Forecasting;
- Recommendations and standards.