Author's Home page
This page shows an Interactive Dashboard that We've created while learning how
to use the Vega-Lite programming language for interactive visualizations.
The Dashboard represents real data about the monthly number of registered cars per Brand in Portugal and the Registrations for Toyota in 2019 and 2020 are highlighted, which was provided by ACAP.
(brief instructions on how to use the plot are provided at the bottom).
We will keep the data updated.
- The first plot shows the total number of Registrations per year and per month.
You can click on a line to select a year to filter most of the other plots.
Also, shift-click enables to select more than one year and double-click to reset the selection.
- The second plot shows the total number of registrations per month for each Brand, for the years selected in the first plot.
- The third plot (the rightmost one) shows the total number of registrations for each Brand, for the years selected in the firt plot.
In case more than one year is selected a bar is split to represent the amount per year.
- The plot with the title 'Brands Monthly Ranking' is a rank plot that shows the monthly ranking of the Brands in what concerns
to the overall number of registrations per month in the years selected in the first plot.
- Finally, the leftmost plot on the bottom enables
the comparison between the number of registrations per month in two selected years,
for the top-15 Brands in what concerns the number of Registrations since 2019.
The blue buttons on the left are provided to select the years, the top group the year for the coloured bars and the bottom
group the year for the black bars.
- The Brands' colors are consistent across the plots and you can click (shift-click or double-click) one
Brand to highlight it across the plots.