This project proposal gathers expertise in the areas of singing pedagogy, engineering and laryngology, promotes pos-graduate research work benefitting from the synergy between different disciplines, and aims at providing singing students, teachers and professionals with solutions helping them to optimize singing learning and training, and to perform safely. This is the vision underlying seven tasks that target three mains realization areas:
- real-time visual feedback of relevant quality parameters of the singing voice,
- new technology-assisted pedagogic methodologies, and
- real-time monitoring and assessment of the singing voice with the purpose to prevent voice disorders.
Three tasks are devoted to realization areas 1) and 2), three other tasks are devoted to the realization area 3), and another task is devoted to the management of the project. The seven tasks are as follows:
- TASK1 - correlation between subjective quality parameters of the singing voice and objective acoustic features,
- TASK2 - new technology-assisted methodologies in singing teaching/learning,
- TASK3 - singing to musical score transcription and music composition,
- TASK4 - correlation between objective acoustic features of the singing voice and voice disorders in singing,
- TASK5 - robust real-time glottal pulse estimation from running singing,
- TASK6 - real-time preventive assessment of the singing voice,
- TASK7 - management.