Sheffield Cutlers Hall
The Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire
The Cutlers’ Company was established by a parliamentary Act of Incorporation in 1624 and for almost four hundred years has sought to maintain the standards and quality of Sheffield manufactured cutlery and steel products and to promote the name of Sheffield.
The present hall, the third, a Grade II* listed building, was built in 1832 and is regarded as one of the finest livery halls in the north of England.
From its beginnings in the early part of the 17th century, the Cutlers’ Company has played an integral role both in the expansion of the major local industries and in the growth of the Sheffield City Region.